Check the version of your Sky remote
Sky UK releaes an improved Sky remote control every couple of years. Each new version is compatible with a wider variety of TV sets. It doesn’t matter whether your remote is for a standard Sky box, a Sky+ box or a Sky+ HD box, but to find the code that matches your TV set, you need to find which Sky remote version you have
Check your Sky remote version:
- Open the battery cover on the back of your Remote Control. The battery cover on some Sky+ remotes extends around the bottom.
- Hold the top part of the remote control firmly in one hand and use the other hand to push the catch and pull the battery cover off the body of the remote control.
- Look for a sticker on the battery cover or in the battery compartment, that includes the text ‘Sky rev’ or ‘Sky+ rev’ or ‘Sky HD rev followed by a number. This number indicates the version of your Sky remote.
- If you’re unable to remove the battery cover or cannot find a sticker and received your remote control after 2002, please refer to the following list which lists the approximate release dates for each version:
- Version 4: May 2001 (Sky+ introduced)
- Version 6: March 2004
- Version 8: January 2006 (includes all current Sky+HD remote controls)
- Version 9: July 2011
- Version 10: June 2014
Sky remotes older than Version 4 can’t be programed.