Sky channel not available
If you are receiving this error message, trying checking the viewing card is inserted correctly by following the procedure below.
Check that your viewing card is properly inserted:
- Switch your Sky+HD box onto standby.
- Remove the viewing card from your Sky+HD box.
- Re-insert the viewing card into the slot marked Sky Viewing Card.
- Switch your Sky+HD box back on.
- Turn to channel 106.
- If your viewing card is not inserted correctly, the message “Please insert your card” will appear.
- In this case, gently tap the front of the card to ensure that it is correctly inserted.
Planner rebuild procedure for Sky+ HD box
This process will stop all recordings in process and reboot the box. If there is a recording underway, consider waiting until it is completed. Rebuilding the planner will not delete any existing recordings.
- Press services on your Sky remote control and you will see the main menu with Options highlighted.
- Highlight the Settings menu using the right arrow button and press select.
- Press 0 (zero), 1 then select to access the Installer Setup menu (this menu is
not listed on the Settings menu options).
- Use the left/right arrows to highlight Rebuild (this will change to Sky+ Rebuild when reached) and press select.
- The on-screen message “This will take a few minutes to complete. The rebuild will stop all recordings and reboot your Sky+” will appear. Press select to continue.
- The on-screen message “Housekeeping please wait” will appear and take up to two minutes to clear. If your Sky+HD box continues to display this message for longer than two minutes please carry out a power reset (below) with the viewing card removed.
- Once complete your Sky+HD box will switch itself off and then back on automatically displaying the red standby light.
- Ensure the red standby light on the box has re-appeared, then wait for 3 minutes.
- Press sky your remote control and the light on your Sky+HD box will turn green.
Astra Channel Scan
If you are still seeing the on-screen message after re-inserting your card, try performing an Astra channel scan:
- Press services, highlight Settings and press select.
- Press 0 (zero), 1 then select.
- Highlight Install and press select – an information box will be displayed.
- Press select twice
- The message “Channel Scan. Now Scanning, please wait.” will appear, followed by “Channel Line up complete.”
- Press sky on your Sky remote control to confirm that normal viewing has been restored.