Sky Full System Reset Procedure
If your Sky box is not responding to any action you might need to reset all box settings.
You should only use this procedure as a last resort, as it will delete all your recorded programmes and recording requests. If you have already used a Full System Reset to clear a similar problem in the last month we advise you to contact Sky Europe Support to resolve the issue.
If you are using the latest Sky+ HD Guide:
- Switch off at the mains
- Holdin Left and Right navigation buttons, switch power on and hold for about 30 seconds until Green play light comes on
- Press Select
- The play-light will then rotate clockwise while the resetting procedure takes place. This may take up to 3 minutes (this timing could vary if there are no programmes stored in the hard drive).
- It then reverts to “Standby”
- Leave the machine for 2 minutes while hard drive reformats.
If you are using a Sky digibox, Sky+ box or still have the older Sky Guide:
- Press Services on your Sky remote control.
- Select option 4 – System Setup.
- Press 0 (zero), then 1, then Select to access the Installer Setup Menu.
- Select option 8 – Full System Reset>.
- You will see a warning that you are about to delete all existing and planned recordings.
- Press Select to continue and you should see the message “Housekeeping please wait” for up to 2 minutes.
- Your Sky box will carry out the procedure, reboot itself, then wait in standby mode.
- Wait for 2 minutes and 30 seconds after the red light comes back on, then try to record a programme, to see if the problem has been resolved.