Sky Manual Tuning
The channels in the Sky line-up all come from the Astra satellites at 28.2 East and Eurobird at 28.5 East. Apart from those channels with numbers on the Electronic Programme Guide, or Skyguide, there are various test transmissions and other channels that you can access through manual tuning of your receiver.
To access the extra channels, you need to add them to the “Other Channels” section of the Sky box “Services” menu.
- Bring up the Services menu and choose option 4 for System Setup then 4 again for Add Channels.
- Type in the frequency as shown in the relevant table, together with the polarity letter. For Astra transponders 1 to 40 leave the Symbol rate and FEC at their default values, for other frequencies change them to the settings shown in the table.
- Choose Find Channels and the list of channels being broadcast by that transponder appears.
- Highlight the name and press the Yellow button for all the ones you wish to add to your list.
- Pressing the Select button saves your choices; your selected channels will now be available under the “Other Channels” option in the Services menu.
You can save up to 50 new channels.