Sky Software Update (Sky+ HD box)
If your Sky+ HD box has an old software / EPG version you might need to update your system.
The Sky Software Update improves the operation of the box and brings new features like the new Sky EPG Guide to the Sky+ HD box.
Sky Software download
A software download (update) resets the software in your Sky box to the latest stable version – a bit like reinstalling a program or operating system on your computer to resolve a glitch. A signal is downloaded from the Sky satellite, not via your telephone line.
To start the software download follow these instructions:
- Press Stand-By
- If a cordless telephone is in use, and connected to same socket as box, unplug box plug only – not the phone.
- Switch OFF power supply to set top box.
- Ensure connected equipment (TV, DVD etc.) are switched to standby then switched off/disconnected at mains power supply.
- Ensure no lights remain on box or any connected equipment.
- To start download process, press and hold in Backup button on front panel of box.
- While holding in Backup, restore power to box by switching on at mains socket, continue to hold backup.
- Hold for up to 30 seconds until all lights on front panel of box display. When all lights appear, Backup button can be released.
- If after 40 seconds, lights have not appeared, start process again. If second attempt fails, you’ll need to contact us for further assistance.
- Switch ON, or reconnect, all electrical appliances that were disconnected at power supply and switch TV on as normal.
- You may see and on-screen message stating: Updating System Software, do not disconnect from the mains supply or satellite dish. This process may take up to 10 minutes.